In order to help students all around India finish their education, the National Scholarship Portal is a specialised online scholarship portal that lists several scholarships and fellowships. The Central Government, State Governments, and other government organisations like AICTE, UGC, etc. all have a variety of programmes available on it. It is a one-stop shop for all government scholarships and provides a variety of services, from online scholarship applications to simple scholarship disbursement.
NSP Scholarship 2023
The National Scholarship Portal (NSP) includes all varieties of scholarships for the SC/ ST/ OBC/ Minorities/Students with Disabilities category for Pre-Matric, Post-Matric, UG, PG, Professional & Technical Courses, PhD level, etc. The NSP Portal oversees a number of functions, including student application verification, receipt of applications, processing of applications, and sanctioning and disbursement of scholarship funds to recipients.
We have included all of the information regarding the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) in this post, including the application deadline, eligibility requirements, merit list, scholarship amount, official website, and more. The official website for the scholarship programme is scholarships.gov.in, where qualified applicants can submit their applications online.
NSP National Scholarship Portal 2023 : Overview
|Scholarship Name||NSP Scholarship|
|Ministry Name||Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology,|
Government of India
|Scholarships List||Pre Matric Scholarships,|
Post Matric Scholarships,
Merit Cum Means (MCM) Scholarship
|Eligible Category for NSP||SC/ ST/ EBC/ Minorities/ Students with Disabilities|
|Current Status||Merit List Released on 22 May 2023|
|NSP Portal Name||National Scholarship Portal|
|NSP Portal Link||scholarships.gov.in|
NSP Scholarship Important Dates
Important Dates for Pre Matric
- Application Start Date: 20-07-2022
- Application Last Date: 15-11-2022 (Date Extended)
- Defective Application Verification Last Date: 30-11-2022
- Institute Verification Last Date: 30-11-2022
- DNO/ SNO/ MNO Verification Last Date: 15-12-2022
Important Dates for Post Matric
- Application Start Date: 15-07-2022
- Application Last Date: 30-11-2022 (Date Extended)
- Defective Application Verification Last Date: 15-12-2022
- Institute Verification Last Date: 15-12-2022
- DNO/ SNO/ MNO Verification Last Date: 31-12-2022
Eligibility Criteria for NSP Scholarship 2023
NSP Pre Matric Scholarship
- Eligibility- Scholarship will be awarded to the students who have secured more than 50% marks in the previous final examination and annual income of their parents/guardian from all sources does not exceed Rs. 1.00 lakh.
- Scope- The scholarship will be awarded for studies in India in a government or private school from class I to class X.
- Scholarship will be available to the students of minority community studying in Classes I to X.
NSP Post Matric Scholarship
- Eligibility- Scholarship will be awarded to the students who have secured more than 50% marks or equivalent grade in the previous final examination and the annual income of whose parents/guardians from all sources does not exceed Rs.2.00 lakh.
- Scope- The scholarship is to be awarded for studies in India in a government or private higher secondary school/college/ university. It will also cover technical and vocational courses in Industrial Training Institutes/ Industrial Training Centres affiliated with the National Council for Vocational Training (NCVT) of classes XI and XII level including Polytechnics and other courses.
- Scholarship will be awarded to the students studying in Classes XI and XII including technical and vocational courses of this level including Polytechnics, ITIs, and other courses.
Merit Cum Means Scholarship For Professional & Technical Courses CS
- Eligibility- Scholarship will be awarded to the students who have secured more than 50% marks or equivalent grade in the previous final examination and the annual income of whose parents/guardians from all sources does not exceed Rs.2.50 lakh.
- Scope- The scholarship is to be awarded for studies in India in a Government or private institution, selected and notified in a transparent manner by the State Government/Union Territory Administration concerned. It will cover technical and professional courses at undergraduate and post graduate level. A list of courses are at Appendix-E.
- Students who get admission to a college to pursue technical/professional courses, on the basis of a competitive examination will be eligible for the scholarship.
NSP Scholarship Important Links
|Check NSP Scholarship Application Status|
|Track your Payment Status|
|Click Here for New Registration|
|Click Here to Applicant Login|
|Application Submission for AY 2022-23|
Fresh Application || Renewal Application
|Previous Year Application Status|
|Track your Payment Status|
|Check your Eligibility|
|Search Institute/ School/ ITI registered with NSP|
|Download Scholarship Guidelines|
Pre Matric Scholarship
Post Matric Scholarship
Merit Cum Means Scholarship
|Visit Official – scholarships.gov.in|
Check NSP Merit List / Selection List
The Merit List for students who applied for NSP Scholarships online has been published. This grant will help students whose names are on the NSP Merit List. You may easily obtain the PDF of the merit list by clicking the link provided below.
What is NSP (National Scholarship Portal) ?
The National Scholarships Portal is a one-stop shop that enables a variety of services, including student application, application receiving, processing, sanction, and disbursement of various scholarships to Students. The National e-Government Plan’s (NeGP) Mission Mode Project is the National Scholarships Portal.
The NSP can benefit you in the following ways :
- Student can find all scholarships information available under one umbrella.
- You can apply a single integrated application for all scholarships
- System suggests the schemes for which a student is eligible.
- Duplicates can be reduced to the maximum extent
- Master data for Institutions and courses at all India level .
Objective of NSP- National Scholarship Portal
- Ensure timely disbursement of Scholarships to students
- Provide a common portal for various Scholarships schemes of Central and State Governments
- Create a transparent database of scholars
- Avoid duplication in processing
- Harmonisation of different Scholarships schemes & norms
- Application of Direct Benefit Transfer
Types of NSP Scholarships
NSP (National Scholarship Portal) covers various types of scholarships for students studying in class 1 to 10, 11th, 12th, Pre and Post Matric Scholarship, UG, PG and PhD level. The variety of scholarships that the NSP covers are the following sections :
List of NSP Central Scholarship Scheme
Here are the list of all Central Scholarship Scheme under National Scholarship Portal (NSP):
- Ministry of Minority Affairs
- Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities
- Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment
- Ministry of Labour & Employment
- Ministry of Tribal Affairs
- Department of School Education & Literacy
- Department of Higher Education
- WARB, Ministry of Home Affairs
- RPF/RPSF, Ministry of Railway
- 10.North Eastern Council(NEC), DoNER
NSP Pre Matric and Post Matric Scholarships Selection Process
The selection process for Pre Matric and Post Matric fresh and renewal applicants are as given below:
For Fresh Applicants Selection Process
As the number of NSP scholarships for minorities available in a year is fixed and limited, it is necessary to lay down preference for selection. Inter selection weightage is to be given to poverty rather than marks (the applicant is required to submit an income certificate as per para-11(ii)). In case of same income, merit shall be generated from ‘Date of Birth’ criteria of applicant (senior is preferred).
For Renewal Applicants Selection Process
There is no merit list generation for renewal cases. Renewal applicant will get the scholarship if one has obtained 50% in his/her previous year’s examinations (at the same institute and in same course) and his/her application is verified by all authorities (as designated by Ministry of Minority Affairs) and approved by State Governments/UTs.
NSP Scholarships Distribution Rule
According to Section 2(c) of the National Commission for Minorities Act of 1992, minority communities include Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists, Jain, and Zoroastrians (Parsis). Five (05) lakh online scholarships will be awarded as “Fresh” Scholarships in addition to Renewal Scholarships. The distribution of scholarships among the States and Union Territories will be based on the populations of minorities in the States and Union Territories as of the Censuses of 2001 and 2011 (as shown in Appendices A and B), respectively, for the years 2017–18 and 2018–19 and 2019–20.
NSP Scholarship Amount
Pre Matric Scholarship Amount
The details of the scheme interventions for 2017-18 to 2019-20 are as under:
- Rate of Scholarship Admission + Tuition Fee :
- Admission Fee for Class VI to X: Rs. 500/- per annum subject to actuals (both Hosteller & Day Scholar)
- Tuition Fee for Class VI to X: Rs. 350/- per month subject to actuals (both Hosteller & Day Scholar)
- Maintenance Allowance:
- For Class I to V*: Rs. 100/- per month for Day Scholar
- For Class VI to X*: Rs. 600/- per month for Hosteller Rs. 100/-per month for Day Scholar
- For 10 months in an academic year.
Post Matric Scholarship Amount
Actual financial assistance will be provided for admission & course /tuition fee and maintenance allowance as given below subject to a maximum ceiling indicated against item concerned for 2017-20. The details of the scheme interventions for 2017-18 to 2019-20 are as under:
- Rate of Scholarship Admission + Tuition Fee
- Admission and tuition fee Class XI & XII: Rs. 7,000/- per annum subject to actuals (both Hosteller & Day Scholar)
- Admission and course/tuition fee for technical and vocational courses of XI and XII level (Courses of one or more year of duration): Rs. 10,000/- per annum subject to actuals (both Hosteller & Day Scholar)
- Admission and tuition fee for UG & PG level: Rs. 3,000/- per annum subject to actuals (both Hosteller & Day Scholar)
- Maintenance Allowance
- For Class XI & XII including Tech. & Voc. Course*: Rs. 380/- per month for Hosteller & Rs. 230/- per month for Day Scholar
- For Courses other than Tech. & Prof. courses at UG & PG level*: Rs. 570/- per month for Hosteller & Rs. 300/- per month for Day Scholar
- For M.Phil & Ph.D.*: Rs. 1,200/- per month for Hosteller & Rs. 550/- per month for Day Scholar
- For 10 months in an academic year.
Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship Amount
Amount of scholarship will be provided Rs.5000/each for Class IX & X and Rs.6000/-each for Class XI & XII.
Required Documents for NSP Scholarship
The students must upload specific papers during the scholarship application procedure on NSP in order to finish the application. However, students are not required to upload any documents for scholarships worth less than INR 50,000. They must provide a copy of their documentation to the appropriate school, college, or institute. The following records should be kept by the students for all other scholarships:
- Bank Passbook
- Educational documents
- Aadhaar number
- Domicile Certificate (as specified in the respective scholarship guidelines)
- Income Certificate (as specified in the respective scholarship guidelines)
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Bonafide student certificate from school/institute (if the institute/school is different from the domicile state of the applicant)
Check Eligibility for NSP Scholarship
Candidates can check their eligibility criteria by entering the following details on the official portal.
- Domacile State/UT
- Course Level
- Caste/Community Category
- Parent Annual Income
- Whether Disabled