The All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) is a financial institution that offers the PMSSS, or Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme. AICTE JK Scholarship 2021–2022, commonly known as PMSSS 2021–2022, is intended for students from Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh.
Students can now check new notification regarding PMSSS session 2023-2024.
PMSSS Scholarship 2023-24
The Jammu & Kashmir Government offers the PM Special Scholarship Scheme to help students from these areas enrol in undergraduate programmes in universities outside of the Union Territories. Only students who graduated from Class 12 in the academic years 2020–2021 and 2021–2022 from the Jammu and Kashmir Board or the Jammu CBSE Board are eligible to apply for the scholarship this year. Academic fees and maintenance costs will be covered for the scholarship recipients.
PMSSS Scholarship 2023-24 Highlights
Every student should be aware of the key components of this programme before starting the scholarship application process.
|Provider Name||All India Council for Technical Education|
|Name of Scholarship||Prime Minister Special Scholarship Scheme|
|UT||Jammu and Kashmir, Ladakh|
Lateral Entry For Diploma
PMSSS Scholarship 2023 – Important Dates
|Online Application Release date||July 2023|
|Last date to submit form||July 2023|
|Document verification||August 2023|
|Publication of merit list||August 2023|
|Online Counseling Date||August 2023|
|Joining of College and Scholarship Process||September 2023|
PMSSS Scholarship 2023 – Courses List
The Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme (PMSSS) 2023 offers a variety of courses. Under this programme, candidates can select their favourite courses from the general, professional, and medical streams:
- General Stream – B.A./B.Com./B.Sc./B.Sc.(Hon.)/ BBA/BCA etc.
- Professional courses – B.E./B.Tech. / B. Pharmacy /B. Architecture/Hotel Management & Catering Technology/ B.Sc.(Nursing).
- Medical Streams – MBBS / B.D.S./BAMS and Allied Medicinal Courses
PMSSS Scholarship 2023 – Eligibility Criteria
Students who wish to apply for the PMSSS must first meet the requirements. A student is not eligible to apply for the scholarship if they do not meet any of the PMSSS eligibility requirements listed below.
The following are the key criteria for eligibility under this scholarship programme:
- The students should be permanent residents of the Union Territories of Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh.
- Students who qualify for the national level tests like NEET, JEE, CLAT, etc. are also eligible to apply.
- They must have passed class 12 from the J&K board or CBSE affiliated schools located in the Union Territories of J&K and Ladakh
- They should have passed 10+3 diploma from the Union Territories of J & K and Ladakh Polytechnic for admission in the 2nd year registration. The counselling will be held subject to the vacancy in the previous academic year in the prescribed list of Institutions on the vacant seats of the Engineering category for batch 2020-21.
- The reservation policy will be followed by UTs of the J&K and Ladakh regions.
- The family income of a student should not be more than Rs 8 lakh per year.
- Students must fulfil the minimum age limit and criteria as prescribed by the Institution/University.
PMSSS Scholarship 2023 – Non-Eligible Candidates
If the candidates fall under the below-mentioned categories, they shall be considered non-eligible for the PM special scholarship programme.
- Didn’t apply through online registration on AICTE Portal
- Are enrolled in courses offered by Open University
- Joined other than the allotted institutions
- Were absent during the counselling session
- Are availing benefits from any other Govt./Non-Govt. scheme
- Got admission to the course through the Management quota
- Are taking admission through agents or NGOs
- Joined a college other than those in AICTE Portal
- Are pursuing any diploma/postgraduate programme
PMSSS Scholarship 2023 – AICTE JK Scholarship Awards
Based on the number of seats and streams available, academic fees and maintenance fees are distributed among the students. Through the Public Financial Management System (PFMS) option, AICTE directly deposits the academic fee into the students’ savings accounts. In addition, the maintenance charge, which is roughly INR 1 lakh, is regularly divided into ten equal payments for the students. Hostel, mess, book costs, and other miscellaneous costs are included in the maintenance costs.
The table below contains full information about the scholarship awards available to applicants:
|Scholarship For Stream||Number of Scholarships||Academic Fee Limits|
|General Degree||2070||Up to INR 30,000|
|Professional/Engineering /Nursing/Pharmacy/ Agri. HMCT Degree||2830||Up to INR 1,25,000|
|Medical Degree – MBBS/BDS/ BAMS/BHMS||100||Up to INR 3,00,000|
How to Apply for PMSSS Scholarship 2023?
All the eligible candidates can apply for Prime Minister Special Scholarship Scheme 2023 by filling out the PMSSS 2023 online registration form from the official website. They just need to follow the simple steps mentioned below:
1. Visit the official AICTE website
2. Click on the ‘PMSSS 2023-23 Registration’ tab
3. Click on the tab ‘12th Registration (2022-23)’
4. Fill in all the required details and click on Register
5. After registration, sign in by using email ID and password
6. Complete all the details, upload the required documents and submit the form
PMSSS Scholarship 2023 – Registration Document List
- Passport Size Photograph
- Domicile certificate of J&K.
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Aadhaar Card
- 10th Class Mark sheet
- 12th Class Mark sheet
- Diploma certificate (for lateral entry students only)
- Disability Certificate (if applicable)
- Family Income certificate
PMSSS Scholarship 2023 – Selection Process
The students who wish to avail of the benefits under this PMSSS scholarship have to go through the following selection process –
1. Application Registration and Submission
The student has to register correctly to apply for the scholarship. After successful registration, the individual has to fill in the required details in the application form and submit it.
2. Document Verification and Choice Filling
The applicant is required to get his/her documents verified at the nearest Facilitation Centre with the original documents and upload them on the portal of the Facilitation Centre.
The choice filling window will be available for only those students who have successfully registered and got their documents verified at the Facilitation Centre.
Online Counselling and Seat Allocation Confirmation
- The process of allotment of the seats will be done through online counselling only.
- No admission will be allowed in any circumstances without participation in online counselling and colleges available for choice filling.
- A list of Institutions / Universities where admissions are offered would be prepared and will be displayed in the applicant’s login for choice filling. Eligible applicants under the scheme are directed to choose the courses from these Institutions/ Universities only.
- ‘No Scholarship’ will be paid to the applicants who will take admission in other than the list of Institutions/ Universities available on the portal of AICTE except MBBS/ BDS /allied medicinal courses/Central/State Govt. for which supernumerary quota is not available.
- A merit list of candidates based on the marks obtained in CBSE/JKBOSE will be displayed well before the first round of counselling results.